Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Heart

Um, I wrote this poem a while ago when I was depressed so I don't want anyone to think that this is what I feel now. It's the exact opposite now :) But, anyway, I used this for the writing contest thing we're suppose to do:

It’s sad and it’s lonely,
Its left in the street.
It has no one to love it,
And no one to meet.

All it wants is a friend,
Maybe something more.
No one seems to like it,
Of that it is sure.

It looks for an adventure,
But is always shot down.
By anything and everything,
Always wearing a frown.

Only every once in a while,
With it stumbles across,
A hope in disguise,
Finding nothing but loss.

This thing that is gloomy,
This thing that can’t start,
It belongs to me,
Because it’s my heart.

1 comment:

Panda Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.