Monday, May 11, 2009

Mum

This is a poem I wrote for my mum yesterday...

Mum, oh what to say.
Mum, oh what to do.
I look around thinking,
Thinking of what to say about you.

Words don’t seem to be enough,
Not working for me at all.
They can’t describe you right,
I think I’m trying to stall.

I would try some flattery
Maybe even a funny cliché.
But I think I’d kill it,
I make everything blasé.

So maybe I’ll just come right out,
Say what’s on my mind.
You’re here, you’re now,
And you’re certainly one of a kind.

You make me smile and you make me cry,
You make it all alright.
You hold my hand and comfort me,
You help me through the night.

I love your company,
I love you time.
You’re my movie buddy,
You’re mine.

It’s rather hard to explain,
To put this into words.
But I’ll try and say it best I can:
Mum, I love you.

No comments: